Thursday, November 21, 2019

Vegan Mashed Potatoes

These Vegan Mashed Potatoes are so good, creamy and buttery, no one will ever guess that they’re not “the real deal”. No need to tell them… that’ll be your little secret!

These Vegan Mashed Potatoes are so good, creamy and buttery, no one will ever guess that they're not "the real deal". No need to tell them... that'll be your little secret!

When I first decided to go Vegan, I remember thinking that I would never again be able to eat decent mashed potatoes… and I was devastated there for a while. For seriously, how can one hope to make real good mashed potatoes without milk, butter, sour cream, or even chicken stock?

Well, as it turns out, the answer to that question is pretty simple: nutritional yeast!! You would not believe the amount of flavor and richness that a little bit of nutritional yeast confers to the mash!

To be honest, the addition of vegan butter helps too, in adding yet another level of depth and creaminess to this comforting side dish, but the nutritional yeast alone adds so much flavor, I wonder how I ever did without it!

Of course, there are also a few other rules to follow if you’re hoping to whip up a memorable mash, but I can guarantee you that adding tons of cream and butter aren’t one of them…

Let me prove that to you, if you will…

(more…)

The post Vegan Mashed Potatoes appeared first on The Healthy Foodie.



* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment