Sunday, July 21, 2019

General Tso’s Tofu Poke Bowl

This General Tso's Tofu Poke Bowl is so good, it's way more than just food: it's an experience! It's generous pieces of crispy tofu drenched in a perfectly balanced zesty, sweet and sour sauce, sitting over loads of fresh, crispy vegetables and soft, almost creamy calrose rice.

This General Tso's Tofu Poke Bowl is so good, it's way more than just food: it's an experience! It's generous pieces of crispy tofu drenched in a perfectly balanced zesty, sweet and sour sauce, sitting over loads of fresh, crispy vegetables and soft, almost creamy calrose rice.

This is an exact replica of a dish that I recently ordered at a local micro-brewery I'd just discovered, and had been so totally, wholeheartedly impressed with that I opted to go back only a few days later to repeat the experience.

I then decided that I had to try and replicate it at home, just so I could have it all the time in the comfort of my own home, for a fraction of the price. Because let's be honest, poke bowls tend to cost a little fortune in restaurants, when in fact, they really don't cost that much to make at home, and aren't complicated at all either. Granted, oftentimes, you'll have a lot of ingredients to prep, but once that's done, it all goes super quickly. In fact, what usually takes the longest is cooking the rice, and you can totally work on prepping all the other elements while that is happening.

This particular poke bowl calls for pickled red onions, which, if you don't already have them in your fridge, will have to sit for about an hour before you can use them. I strongly recommend that you take the time to whip up a batch, not only because they do contribute a great deal to the overall experience of this dish, but because you will simply LOVE having them around. Take my word for it!  

As for the poke bowl itself, if you are a fan of them and also happen to have a thing for General Tso, then I am positive that you will love this dish as much as I did... 

continue reading

The post General Tso’s Tofu Poke Bowl appeared first on The Healthy Foodie.



* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment