Friday, March 27, 2020

Typical Costa Rican Gallo Pinto

Gallo Pinto is a traditional Costa Rican dish, typically served at breakfast with fried plantain, toasts, fresh fruits and, traditionally, a couple of fried eggs.

I first heard of Gallo Pinto a few years ago, when one of my very good friends visited Costa Rica. While there, he totally fell in love with this traditional dish of theirs, and it was only a matter of time before he had me discover it and fall in love with it, too! 

Back then, I’d studied many a recipe and came up with my own version of it, but having never visited Costa Rica myself, I could only imagine what the true, typical dish actually tasted, or even looked like.

Now that I got the chance to spend a few months here, I can assure you that I’ve had my share of the real deal. In fact, I think that I’ve had gallo pinto practically every day. I’ve had a chance to analyze the recipe first hand, ask questions, and replicate it for myself, time and time again. I think that I’ve now truly mastered it and can make it with my eyes closed. Heck, I could probably apply for a job at a local soda! I honestly feel that the recipe I am sharing with you today is as close to the real deal as will ever be.

(more…)

The post Typical Costa Rican Gallo Pinto appeared first on The Healthy Foodie.



* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment